We are open for applications – deadline has been extended to 16 September at 11.59 pm
The Health Innovators programme is unique due to its dedicated health professional focus. The conditions for innovation in the healthcare sector are unique and thus require solid knowledge of the system, the professional communities and the implementation challenges often found here.
Unique to the programme is that advisers are assigned to each team, focussing exclusively on your idea and challenges. Advisers include representatives from the healthcare sector, the innovation environment, researchers and business advisors.
This guidance is vital to the progress of the development of the idea.
Every other week the selected teams meet for joint sessions, where experts from CHI’s partner organisations and the innovation environment give inspiring talks on innovation in the healthcare sector. Through talks and workshops each team gains solid insight into health innovation, which will function as a basis for their continued work on the idea.
The joint workshops will take place on Thursdays at 15:00-18:00, followed by sandwiches and networking.
The main effort is undertaken in-between sessions and guidance, where each team works with various tools helping you focus on the development of your idea.
Participants can expect a workload of 6-10 hours a week.
During the programme each team will get access to office facilities and meeting rooms. The teams can also use these facilities for sparing with each other.
Health Innovators is an extracurricular activity and is therefore not ECTS credit-bearing.
Does Your Team Have a Good Idea? Apply now
Health Innovators runs twice a year starting March and October.
Application deadlines: 1 February and 15 September.
In order to be admitted to the programme, teams of 2-5 students must submit a letter of motivation describing their idea. Teams consisting of students from more than one of the four institutions of higher education are prioritised.
Read the admission requirements closely, and apply below.
- Only teams of 2-5 students can apply. Individuals cannot apply for admission.
- Teams must consist of students from the Technical University of Denmark, the University of Copenhagen and/or University College Copenhagen.
- Ideas which at the start of the Health Innovators programme have a CVR number, do not qualify for the programme.
Students from the individual institutions of higher education must meet the following specific requirements:
- University College Copenhagen, KP: must have practical healthcare experience, just as experience with health innovation is an advantage.
- University of Copenhagen: must have a background in health and medical science and experience with working in clinics and laboratories, just as experience with health innovation is an advantage.
- Technical University of Denmark: must have a technical background, just as product and process experience and experience with health innovation are an advantage.
Teams consisting of students from more than one of the institutions of higher education are given priority in the selection phase.
- 16 September, 11.59 pm: Deadline for applications
- 6 October: Bootcamp – Health Innovators start-up
- 20 December: Final pitching event
Contact for more information
If you have questions or need more information, please contact your local innovation consultant here:
University of Copenhagen
University College Copenhagen
Health Innovators is created by Copenhagen Health Innovation – a collaboration between Copenhagen Business School, the Technical University of Denmark, the University of Copenhagen, University College Copenhagen, the City of Copenhagen and the Capital Region of Denmark aimed at promoting health innovation through education.