Health Innovators – Programme and Application
Application for the fall programme is closed. Next programme starts 1 March.
Apply before 1 February
The Health Innovators programme is unique due to its dedicated health professional focus. The conditions for innovation in the healthcare sector are unique and thus require solid knowledge of the system, the professional communities and the implementation challenges often found here.
Unique to the programme is that advisers are assigned to each team, focussing exclusively on your idea and challenges. Advisers include:
- Researchers from the academic environment in question, who help to ensure that the academic level of the idea is high enough to attract the attention of potential investors and buyers.
- Business advisers from the student incubators, who assist in the development of business models.
- Advisors from the industry and innovation environment, who help to clarify investor opportunities and increase in value.
The advisers are selected on the basis of the ideas of the individual teams, which ensures specific and focussed sparring and the greatest possible value. Such guidance is vital to the progress of the development of the idea.
Every other week the selected teams meet for joint sessions, where experts from CHI’s partner organisations and the innovation environment give inspiring talks on innovation in the healthcare sector. Through talks and workshops each team gains solid insight into health innovation, which will function as a basis for their continued work on the idea.
The joint sessions will in the fall take place on Thursdays at 16:00-18:00, followed by sandwiches and networking.
Program for the workshops
12 October: Kickoff
26 October: Business models, funding, IPR
2 November: Prototyping
9 November: Public health system + presentation technique
16 November: Pitching at health innovation conference
23 November: Workshop: new focus for idea?
7 December: The future: implementation
14 December: Final presentation and feedback from panel
The main effort is undertaken in-between sessions and guidance, where each team works with various tools helping you focus on the development of your idea.
Participants can expect a workload of 6-10 hours a week.
During the programme each team will get access to office facilities and meeting rooms. The teams can also use these facilities for sparing with each other.
Health Innovators is an extracurricular activity and is therefore not ECTS credit-bearing.
Does Your Team Have a Good Idea? Apply now
Health Innovators runs twice a year starting March and October.
Application deadlines: 1 February and 15 September.
In order to be admitted to the programme, teams of 2-5 students must submit a letter of motivation describing their idea. Teams consisting of students from more than one of the four institutions of higher education are prioritised.
Read the admission requirements closely, and apply below.
- Only teams of 2-5 students can apply. Individuals cannot apply for admission.
- Teams must consist of students from Copenhagen Business School, the Technical University of Denmark, the University of Copenhagen and/or Metropolitan University College.
- Ideas which at the start of the Health Innovators programme have a CVR number, do not qualify for the programme.
Students from the individual institutions of higher education must meet the following specific requirements:
- Copenhagen Business School: must have worked with business plans/models, just as experience with health innovation is an advantage.
- Metropolitan University College: must have practical healthcare experience, just as experience with health innovation is an advantage.
- University of Copenhagen: must have a background in health and medical science and experience with working in clinics and laboratories, just as experience with health innovation is an advantage.
- Technical University of Denmark: must have a technical background, just as product and process experience and experience with health innovation are an advantage.
Teams consisting of students from more than one of the four institutions of higher education are given priority in the selection phase.
We are closed for applications for the fall programme.
We open for applications for the spring programme in November.
PLEASE NOTE: Teams applying for the Health Innovators programme commit themselves to participating in the joint sessions, guidance sessions and to solving the tasks set by the advisers.
- 15 September: Deadline for applications
- 21 September: Selected teams are invited to interviews
- 27 September: Interviews with applicants
- 12 October: Health Innovators start-up
- 14 December: Health Innovators ends
- 1 February: Deadline for applications
- 1 March: Health Innovators start-up
Contact for more information
If you have questions or need more information, please contact your local innovation consultant here:
University of Copenhagen
Metropolitan University College
Katla Ran Sturludottir
Health Innovators is created by Copenhagen Health Innovation – a collaboration between Copenhagen Business School, the Technical University of Denmark, the University of Copenhagen, Metropolitan University College, the City of Copenhagen and the Capital Region of Denmark aimed at promoting health innovation through education.